Fabrizio Poce, musician and programmer has created a set of 7 Max for Live devices based on xy pad-style morphing. One of the devices in the Morph family, MorphJ is a freeware plugin that allows you to morph (control simultaneoulsy) any two parameters, in any Ableton Live device. It interfaces with a lot of different of controllers including game controllers like Joysticks or Wiimotes.
You can see MorphJ in action in the following video:
Morph, the whole set of Ableton Live / Max for Live devices for preset and mixer morphing includes:
- PresetMorph: collects device presets and allows you to morph in real time across four of them. Ideal as synthesis aid and for complex filters and EQ sweeps.
- SendMorph: control up to four track sends simultaneoulsy, making possible the use of the returns as a multi-effect and/or multi-speaker output system
- ParamMorph: morph across any two parameters in any device in the Liveset.
- LFOMorph: a two-dimensional, geometric LFO. This isn’t quite what you have already seen around……
- EnvMorph: Envelope/LFO generator for parameter modulation with fully customizable envelope curves and advanced performance controls.
- JoyMorph: allows you to control any Morph device using USB device such as Gamepads, Joysticks, Pen Tablets, Gloves, Wiimote, etc.
- LoopMorph: Record and Automate morph performances or create an unusual custom LFO. Can be used as simple Session View automation tool.
The complete Morph set can be purchased for 8$ from Fabrizio Poce’s website.
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.