For those who want to learn Max for Live, but to find it difficult on their own, Bit Voltage now offers a beginner’s video class. The course explains the basics of Max for Live in simple steps, with a focus on accessing and manipulating parts of your Live Sets through the Live API.
“Intro to Max for Live” contains:
- 19 short videos totaling 43 minutes. The class is split into 2 parts. Part 1 focuses on patching technique, part 2 focuses on interface design.
- Slides used in the videos (in the form of Max for Live devices!)
- Ableton Live Pack of the set used to create the background music, which uses nothing but Max for Live devices (Live 9 users only)
- a .wav of the background music
- an exclusive Bit Voltage Max for Live device, a floating dynamic channel strip, which the student learns to build from scratch throughout the course of the videos
Check out the two available sample videos:
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.