I personally prefer real analogue synths, but they’re often not exactly cheap. If you’re looking for a modular synth that integrates seamlessly in Live and you have Max for Live, Dope Matrix may just be the thing for you. It’s a combination of a sampled Live Pack with a Max for LiveStep Sequencer for Push, APC40 & Launchpad.
Watch the Video:
Dope Matrix’s Features:
- 4 famous analog oscillators: A-110, Plan B, Cwejman & Piston Honda
- 12 custom Effects Modules – vast new dimensions of sound
- Design evolving textures for experimental sonic science
- 100+ Presets included, optimised for Live’s browser
- Includes Max for Live Step Sequencer with a realtime control Matrix for hands on control of your patch for Push, APC40 & Launchpad
- Melodic, Scale-Based Note Sequencer up to 64 steps
- Accented Notes
- Chord Generator for Polyphonic instruments
- Octave, Note Duration and Legato Slides
- Scale and Key Page with common and custom scales
- Sequence Modulation (up to 4 parameters simultaneously)
- Preset and Pattern Recall
- Multi-Device/Multi-Controller Support – Use 1 controller on multiple tracks or up to 6 controllers on multiple tracks
See how it works:
Dope Maxtrix requires Live 9.1 and up and Max 6.1.5 and up and is available from Sonic Faction for $40.
does this exist anymore? i want it. i’ll buy it. whatever. make it available please.
The Max for Live device isn’t from me, but Sonic Faction. The site currently shows a blank screen. I don’t know if this means it’s dead and no longer available or just a momentary issue.