Tom Cosm doesn’t really need an introduction anymore in the Ableton community. He seems to have gotten into Max for Live lately and has created a free device that allows you to toggle the routing of tracks.
Toggle Router 1.0 allows you to choose 12 tracks whose output can be toggled between two other tracks. This could come in really handy in live performances.
Here’s how it works:
- Click “list” next to “Off”, then choose the original output track (e.g. Master).
- Click “list” next to “On”, then choose the track to toggle the routing to.
- Click “list” next to one of the twelve drop down menus.
- Choose the track you want to route from the drop down menu.
- Toggle the alternative track routing off and on with the button which are also mappable.
Check out Tom Cosms tutorial video:
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.