Whitebox Synth Makers have made quite an impressive collection of free Max 4 Live Plug-ins. There’s a lot of synths, a sample player, an ambient and percussive instruments.
The Whitebox devices comprise:
Whitebox SAMPLER (MAC):
Drag & drop sample player with multi-filter, ADSR, reverb.
An ambient synth with 8 pad tones as well as Spectral Delay.
A one-dial call-up of 24 pre-written synth presets.
- Whitebox SPOTFIELD:A field of 16 pre-written synth presets.
- Whitebox BACONFIST: Turn ANY sample into a synth. Drag and drop functionality.
- Whitebox LOW: An Ableton-style ambient and evolving instrument.
- Whitebox MALLETBOX: An ambient percussive instrument with recordable buffer.
- Whitebox AMBIBELL: An ambient percussive instrument with evolving FX.
- Whitebox LAVERNE: A GUI wash and brush-up for Max’s basic synth.
Download the free Max for Live devices from Whitebox Synth Makers.
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.
Thanks for the article here. It’s boosted my web-hits and my confidence in the white boxes I am making. Recently hit a wall in the transition to Max 6 (still don’t like it apart from the natty flowing connections!) and realised I MAY need to learn some programming.
If any one wishes to follow Whitebox on Facebook please do.
You’re very welcome. You have some great sounding devices definitely worth a feature. 🙂
I liked your Glass Synth so much I enjoyed seeing how you made it. It inspired me to make my first very simple Live Pack using Whitebox 8-Box and Ableton’s fab ambient delay FX.
Free to anyone to download (direct link below). If people want to verify the site first please go to http://www.whitebox.yolasite.com
Great. Was it made with Live 9 or 8?
Live 8, so it should be up-compatible. My 9 beta just ran out!
Guess who just got featured on the Ableton Blog?