LOOPO is a MIDI effect to make recording and layering MIDI clips in Ableton Live's Session View much simpler and more intuitive. This makes it especially useful for improvisation.
Hit ‘REC’ and start playing whenever you're ready. LOOPO will wait for you to play something and only then start recording. It can record 'master clips' that set Live's tempo and then record 'slave clips' in sync. Slave clips' can be recorded at any point in the playing bar, independent of Live's launch quantisation settings. LOOPO will take care of syncing the clips for you.
- Automatic arming of selected MIDI track
- Record 'slave clip' when starting to play (TRIG) or when the next bar begins (1.1.1)
- Set quantisation to FIXED (1 bar, 2 bars, 1/2 bar, 1/3 triplets) or until you hit Slave again (FREE)
- Overdub with independent undo history
- Display of clip name, length in beats and indicator of clip slots status (playing, stopped or empty)
- Move through Session View with arrow keys
- Launch and stop clips
- Duplicate notes between the loop braces
- Clear all notes in selected clip
- Delete selected clip
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.