Did it ever happen that you played something amazing, but you didn't record it? Retake, by denleschae, is a Max for Live plugin that lets you "recover" your ideas.
When added to a MIDI track it will record all notes when Live is in playback mode and the arrangement loop is set to off. Otherwise, the plugin is idle. I'm sure I will add it to my MIDI tracks when working on a new song. Retake could turn out to be a real time and idea saver.
How it works:
- Add Retake to a MIDI track.
- Turn on record enable for the track.
- Press Play on the transport (make sure the arrangement loop is inactive).
- After playback stops, create an empty clip in the track used for performance.
- Click the button to instantly retake the previous performance and record it to the clip.
- Adjust the loop points in the clip to taste.
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.