Good news for those of you who want to have a choice of colours for Ableton Push. I had a go at it again and made three new color schemes. They are called Denim, Pastel and Celeste. Just have a look and download if you want.
Here’s how it works:
- On Mac OS X right-click your Ableton Live 9 application and select “Show Package Contents”, and navigate to: Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/
- On Windows XP and Vista navigate to C:Program Files/Ableton/Live 9/xxx/Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/ or on Windows 7 (and 8) to: C:Program/Data/Ableton/Live 9/xxx/Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/pushbase
- Find the “pushbase” folder and make a copy of it to store in a safe place on your computer for backup. This way, you can replace your modified Push folder with your saved copy to restore Push to its default behaviour at any time.
- Copy your favourite colour scheme to the “pushbase” folder.
- Restart Ableton Live if it’s already running.
Works with Live 9.5 and up.
Download the free “Push Colours 2”
Check out the other free colour schemes I made for Ableton Push.
ganz wundervoll! Vielen Dank dafür!
I tried this and now I have no colors on my push = ( There’s now two SkinDefault py and pyc files. I restarted Ableton 2x and it’s still blank. Any advice?
The latest Live update contains changes to the scripts as well, so the colour schemes currently don’t work. I haven’t gotten around to updating them, sorry. I hope you’ve made a backup of the Push folder or at least the SkinDefault.pyc in there. If not, drop me an email, I can send it to you.
Yeah, I didn’t back it up because I didn’t know it would replace the original pyc file. Thus, my push is now blank. It does appear to be a 9.1.2 issue. I didn’t know much about Python before this. My e-mail is email@example.com. Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. I love all of your packs and these colors were very enticing. Thank you for your help Madeleine!
geil Hab ich gemacht! jetzt funktioniert mein push nichtmehr! da steht einfach nur please start live to play und das auch wenn ich live offen habe!
Die Farbschemata waren nur mit Live 9.1 kompatibel, da Ableton weitere Änderungen der Skripte für 9.1.2 vorgenommen hat. Inzwischen habe ich sie aktualisiert, so dass sie mit Libe 9.1.2 funktionieren.