Date(s) - December 7, 2014
13:00 - 17:00
IndiEarth Xchange India
This workshops shows you how to creatively use Ableton Live for live performances or live electronics within a band. Madeleine Bloom (Sonic Bloom) gives an introduction into the complex software that allows way more than controllerism and can be meaningfully used in all kinds of different musical styles. Learn how to build your own live performance set that fits your needs and how to integrate Push, other MIDI controllers or real live instruments/vocals into your show. This workshop is hands on and you will at least begin to realize your performance set along the way. If you already have something prepared for it, bring it along and learn how to improve on it. All genres welcome.
For beginners and intermediate users of Ableton Live.
- Live’s Session View in Depth
- Setup in Ableton Live & Preparation of a Live Set
- Launching & Recording Clips in the Session View
- Routing, Prelistening & Monitoring
- Audio Looping
- Racks, Chains and Macro Controls for Quick Access
- Further Tricks & Free Helper Tools
- Ableton Live 9 (Standard or Suite edition, also available as a free 30-days trial version, download from ableton.com)
- midi controller(s)
- optional: audio interface
Free (registration required)
Madeleine, is it still possible to access workshops and talks if the date has passed?
No, I’m sorry. They were never accessible online, but all hands-on events with everyone in one room which weren’t recorded in any way.