Noland by Max for Cats
Welcome to Noland!
Noland consists of 3 Max for Live devices: the Noland I and II synthesizers and the NolandFX audio effect. Two unique synths and harmoniser effect for singular and surprising sounds.
A creative XY gesture-controlled poly synth with unique automation and colour settings.
Noland II is a unique and innovative instrument - it is a sonic map waiting to be discovered. Instead of sliders or knobs, Noland can be controlled completely with individual, automatable XY pads. Each XY pad controls one or several parameters at the same time. On the filter XY pad for example, the X-axis controls the cutoff while the Y-axis controls the resonance.
Instantaneous unique synth sounds with fun gesture control.
Once you’ve placed the mouse cursor over an XY pad, your mouse movements are recorded the moment you hold down the mouse button. The recording of your movement stops, when you release the mouse button.
When activating the checkbox in an XY pad’s lower right corner, your movements are played back as they were recorded. Automation movements can be sped up or slowed down relative to the global speed control.
At its heart, Noland II uses a powerful morphable oscillator, a morphable mulit-mode filter, a waveshaping sub-oscillator, several effects and classic ADSR envelopes to shape the sound.
Fully integrated into Push
Noland II is also perfectly integrated into Push and Push 2, but can be mapped to any MIDI Controller. In the main bank, you can select the XY pad you wish to control. Adjust the XY and turn on the active button to play back your movements. In the Envelope bank, you'll find the amp and filter envelopes.
It was designed to create complex tones that can be sculpted in a unique way. Whether you are scoring a film, creating EDM or writing experimental music, Noland II has a unique sound palette guaranteed to inspire your productions.
The Noland Synth features:
- 1 Wavetable Oscillator with variable waveforms
- Sub-oscillator with Octave, Detune and Shape parameters
- FM of the Wavetable Oscillator with the Sub-oscillator
- A Multimode SVF Filter
- Ambience (Reverb) control
- OSC Mix parameter
- Delay with feedback
- Frequency Shifter (or Redux)
Noland II features:
- Overhauled sound engine and new effects
- Fully integrated with Push (both versions in Live 10)
- XY/gesture pads now also fully MIDI controllable or automatable via Live 10
- A high quality oscillator with morphable waveforms
- A suboscillator with waveform shaping filter types
- Soft distortion and noise
- Built-in mod phaser, chorus, bit reduction and reverb
- Built-in LFO with several waveforms
- Two classic envelopes for filter and amplitude
- CPU optimised
- all new presets
- ready for Live 10
The 'X' labelled button clears all automations.
The 'C' labelled button creates a new colour scheme.
The Speed button speeds up or slows down all automations.
Save your sound creations as presets with your personalised colour schemes.
NolandFX: Vintage sounding harmoniser with a modern look.
The NolandFX is a unique harmonizer effect with built in filters, delay and reverb. It might remind you of classic harmonizer sounds from the late 70s/early 80s. It is not meant to be a 'modern' harmonizer, but focuses on the vintage sound. It also lets you create individual colour schemes.
What you get:
- two self-installing Live Packs with integrated lesson in Live's Help section in a zip file (for Live 9 and 10 respectively)
- Live 9.7 or higher
- Max for Live 7 or up
- OS X or Windows
* To make proper use of the Push mappings, Live 10 is required.