Having a degree in media design, I like making things look pretty. A lot of people love my Ableton Live Skins. The colour on Push can be changed as well, so I had fun creating different colour schemes. If you have the Ableton Push, would love to change the colours, but can't be bothered to create a scheme yourself, you can now download all three for free.
This is what they look like:
Here's how it works:
- On Mac OS X right-click your Ableton Live 9 application and select "Show Package Contents", and navigate to: Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/
- On Windows XP and Vista navigate to C:Program Files/Ableton/Live 9/xxx/Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/ or on Windows 7 (and 8) to: C:Program/Data/Ableton/Live 9/xxx/Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/pushbase
- Find the "pushbase" folder and make a copy of it to store in a safe place on your computer for backup. This way, you can replace your modified Push folder with your saved copy to restore Push to its default behaviour at any time.
- Copy your favourite colour scheme to the "pushbase" folder.
- Restart Ableton Live if it's already running.
Works with Live 9.5 and up.
Check out the other free colour schemes I made for Ableton Push.
Which one's your favourite?