Simple Simon Sampler is a Max for Live MIDI instrument that allows for a sample to be sliced into 8 pieces that can be triggered via MIDI at various speeds forwards or reversed. There's also a button to randomise everything. With the right sample this can be immense fun and give you very interesting results.
Here's how it works:
- Load a sample of any length.
- Set up to 8 triggers within.
- MIDI note triggers playback. Floating point numbox changes speed. Toggle reverses playback. Slider changes position.
- The big "R" button randomizes everything.
- Switch to mixer to level each trigger.
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.