Max for Cats MIDI Effects Bundle 1
The "Max for Cats MIDI Effects Bundle 1" contains the "Drum Articulate" and "Chord Memorizer", three Max for Live MIDI effects in total, created by Max for Cats.
Drum Articulate by Max for Cats
Advanced drum programming with ease and in no time.
Drum Articulate is a MIDI effect that allows you to programme sophisticated drums and rhythms for any music style with ease. It can be placed on individual pads of an Ableton Live Drum Rack, used globally on a whole kit or even be employed for synth programming and effects. Effortlessly create drum rolls, flams, random triggers and more.
Chain them for more interaction.
Drum Articulate also does wonders to any other MIDI instrument or can be combined with other MIDI effects for even more fireworks. Seriously awesome to use in the studio and especially on stage!
A single MIDI effect with six different modes:
- 4 triggers with a freely adjustable delay time between triggers
- individual velocity sliders
- random triggers as long as a note is held down
- define the trigger speed
- randomise the velocity within a specified range
- drum rolls as long as a note is held down
- adjustable speed
- automatic quantisation to Live's master tempo through ‘Quantized’ switch (only works with Live's transport running)
- choice of triplet or punctuated note repeats
- pseudo-random shifting of incoming notes in time to create a human feel
- allows for complex delay patterns for incoming notes
- 15 freely adjustable delay lines
- each with individual velocity value
- global delay time setting
- choice to pass or block original note
- trigger note definable
- up to 16 different MIDI notes definable to step through with each trigger
Chord Memorizer by Max for Cats
The pack includes two Max for Live MIDI effects by Max for Cats. Chord Memorizer and Chord Transposer. Enhance your playing skills in the studio and on stage.
128 keys for as many chords.
Easily create, play and store MIDI chords for chord progressions and chord patterns. Each key can store any chord! Use it to play chords with the left hand while playing melodies with the right hand. Or to trigger difficult or 'impossible' chords.
Once Chord Memorizer is fed with your chords, you can save all settings as an individual preset. This way you can access as many stored chord progressions as you wish.
Play complex chord progressions with single keys.
Chord Memorizer features two keyboards. The upper keyboard shows the incoming MIDI notes. The lower keyboard displays the stored chords (= outgoing notes). Depending on the THRU switch settings, unmapped notes will be passed through or not.
Of course, you can also place Chord Memorizer into a MIDI Effect Rack. This way you can create key or velocity zones, chains and so on.
Chord Transposer is the perfect addition to Chord Memorizer.
It lets you record, re-trigger and transpose a chord with a single key press. This function is crucial to modern (dance) music, especially when used with an Arpeggiator. The origin of this function derives from some vintage synths. Such as the Korg Polysix, the Korg Mono/Poly, the Roland Alpha Juno series and a few others.
What you get:
- two self-installing Live Packs with an integrated lesson in Live's Help section each
- Live 9 or higher
- Max for Live 6
- OS X or Windows
Max for Cats is the outlet of Christian Kleine who also creates and curates Max for Live content for Ableton since 2012. Christian Kleine has released many free devices on his own website and via MaxforLive.com.