If glitch is your thing and you always wanted to be able to manipulate audio on the fly, then Grooveslice could get you quite excited. It functions as a parametric delay with separate parameters for recording and playback, and gives you a wide range of features for maximum control. While it can be a great tool in the studio, it excels when used for live performances.
- Chop/glitch live instruments
- Scratch, Reverse delay, Dualing harmonies / “choir”, Polyrhythms/Counter-rhythms, Atmospheres/textures, Selective Repeat/stutter, Tape stop/start
- Separate parameters for recording and playback (chop loops or live instruments)
- Adjust speed and pitch using pythagorean harmony ratios, scales, octave shift, reverse button, scratch slider, jump-to buttons or number box
- Quantise options for timing (cue) and loop controls
- Feedback control (re-record wet signal to pitch/speed up or down in cycles)
- Manual controls: Freeze (stop recording), Stop playback, retrigger record/play
- 3 Automatic record/play retrigger modes
- Mute Wet & Mute Dry toggles
- Store/restore Loop boundary settings
- Control presets & automation packs
Check out the video:
GrooveSlice is available from Isotonik Studios for £13.99 and includes lifetime updates. It require Ableton Live 9.1 and Max for Live.
This way for heaps more Max for Live devices & tips.