One of my favourite plug-ins when I was still producing on a Windows machine was dblue Glitch. Now the plug-in has been revamped and is also available for Mac OS X and even Linux. In 32- and 64-bit. It's no longer free, but Glitch 2 comes packed with new features.
- 128 scenes per program that can be triggered via MIDI notes
- unique sequencer pattern, timing and effect settings for each scene
- multi-lane sequencer for the use of multiple simultaneous effects
- improved timing sequencer
- intuitive pattern editor with drag & drop
- 9 effect modules: Modulator, Tape stop, Retrigger, Reverse, Stretcher, Lofi, Distortion, Gater, Delay
- easily selectable tempo synchronicity in effects
- filter, mix, pan, and volume controls on each module to fine tune
- Mutate for minor variations or Randomize almost everywhere possible
Glitch 2 is available for EUR 49.95 (plus VAT), for which you will receive all updates for free and you can use the plug-in unlimited on all platforms. A demo version is also available, which is not limited in time, but no settings are stored and it periodically adds some noise.